Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cake Pops

Every year I have said I wanted to do something for my clients around the holidays to let them know how much they mean to me. This year I finally figured it out. Cake Pops! I mean who doesn't love cake and frosting mixed together popped on a stick in bite size form covered in chocolate?! That's what I thought. 

 

All you need is a box of cake mix (whatever flavor you would like) and a tub of whipped frosting.


Bake the cake according to the directions on the box.


Let the cake cool completely and then crumble it all up into a bowl.


Mix the crumbled cake with a full tub of whipped frosting till evenly combined.* Form the mixture into 1" sized balls with your hands. Chill the balls in the refrigerator for a couple of hours till firmly set.**

 Melt your chocolate for 1 minute in the microwave at 50% power. Stir thoroughly and then heat on 30 second increments at 50%. Stir after each 30 seconds till completely smooth.

Dip the end of your cake pop sticks in the melted chocolate and push stick no more than 50% into ball. Do this to all of your cake balls and let set up in the fridge for another several hours. I use a styrofoam block to hold cake pops on once you put the stick in them.

Once set up melt more chocolate according to directions above. Dip cake pops into melted chocolate to completely cover them, tapping off excess chocolate. 

Sprinkle with embellishments or leave plain to drizzle another color chocolate on top later.   




 

*I always use the whipped frosting when making cake pops because I find if  I use a full tub of the regular frosting it is to much. If you are going to use the regular tub of frosting I would only use half a tub.

**Do not put your cake balls in the freezer otherwise once the chocolate hardens it will crack.


No comments:

Post a Comment