Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hot Yoga

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/u555v5fSg38EPw3RlT0Qamnqr1BY3K_W5tUiPraq3B7bZlmFDLAgonx8gs2FvMktdKpwrrK0r5wx93QksCNpRa5j9Ne6cPLZEw1kpxnhvyEhEmmto90

When Bill and I moved to NYC I had to forgo a couple of personal training sessions I had purchased as a package to get in shape for our wedding. Since I have been traveling back and forth I have often thought I should finish them out while I'm there, but to scared to make the call because I know how hard they make you work. Well last week I took the plunge and jumped back into getting healthy, and with that came a hot yoga class too.

I have often thought about trying a hot yoga class, but to hesitant due to the heat. My physical fitness routine was non existent and enough was enough. I decided I shouldn't judge unless I had first hand experience so I gave it a try, and happy to say I was pleasantly wrong. What an enjoyable experience I had.

My friend joined me and we went to The Funky Buddha Yoga Hothouse in Grand Rapids, MI.

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2512103680/ahuxksci9ttq78h10cx2.jpeg

I can't believe how much it loosened me up, and I believe it was because of the heat. It also helped relieve some stress. The room was 95 degrees, but it wasn't like in your face, sauna kind of heat. It was more like, "well it's hot in here and it is going to make me sweat, but I'm not miserable."

Surprised to admit I think I would go again.

Have you tried hot yoga? What did you think? If you have been thinking about giving it a try I would definitely encourage you to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment