Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Frosting A Cake With a Paper Towel

My friend's daughter is turning 2, and it's no secret I love to bake. So when she asked me to bake the cake for her Yo Gabba Gabba themed birthday party I was delighted. I realized quickly I needed to learn how to frost a cake smooth with buttercream. I've baked lots of treats, but don't normally focus on fancy cakes. I love a challenge so today I decided to practice.

After some quick research I found the Little Delights in Life blog. She had a post on frosting a cake using a paper towel. I was skeptical, but I thought I would give it a try. You have to use Viva Paper towels, but it worked perfectly. 




It's not perfect, but for my first time frosting a cake smooth with buttercream frosting I am happy with how it turned out. With a little more practice I think I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment